Monday, August 17, 2009

Challenges

I follow several photography blogs, and am always awestruck at the photographers' ability to photograph people in amazing detail. The clarity, sharpness, color, and just general composition astounds me.

I want to be able to do that.

I feel like I am slowly learning more about how to utilize my camera and Photoshop, and am becoming more comfortable with sharing my photos. But most of my work is of stationary objects. Like still-life photos.

I know that learning takes time, but I am an impatient person. I want to force myself to step out of my comfort zone, and take pictures of PEOPLE. Things that MOVE, and require effort. Not something that will stay still and let me take hundreds of photos of it until I get it right. I have recently experimented with silhouette-type pictures of people, but I don't have to stress too much about the details of the person's face. I feel as though that's almost cheating.

That is my goal for right now and for the future; to take more pictures of people. Not benches in dugouts, or trees in a forest, or stalls in a barn. People. Kids. Couples. Groups. Everything. Except stationary objects.

Its time to challenge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment